03-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #86
9mmkungfu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d, 535d, 750i, X5 35d

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
That would be great, thanks gr8whte. This thread can only get better with you guys posting more details.
Doing 9mmkungu's downpipe today, I noticed that I didn't post a detail about putting the open connectors (post DPF temp sensor, pre scr temp sensor, metering unit, NOx sensor) in small plastic bags and closing them thight with cable ties in order to prevent them from corroding.
Anything else, please post!
Big thanks to Mik325tds, rudzielec, 2deerwhistlers for all the help and support.

I stopped by rudzielec's shop on Thursday and had the ECU tuned. A few days later, I swung by Mik325tds's house and installed the down pipe. Everything worked on the first try.

The exhaust note is very similar to stock; the only perceptible difference is a slight turbo whistle at low speed, noticeable if the window is down. I haven't opened it up, so it might be louder then, but I wouldn't know yet. There is a noticeable increase in exhaust smell as noted by others. It doesn't penetrate the cabin while driving, and didn't seem to enter the cabin while idling at most red lights. I suppose it's possible to smell inside the cabin if you're sitting for an extended period of time, but I didn't test it.
Appreciate 0