Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Bummer, hadn't seen that one Socks, so nope just put them back in, was it front or rear?

Did another hour on the car yesterday morning before leaving town for the weekend, got the new steering column in so can now get back to finishing up the outlets

Might get some more done when I get home this afternoon
Front and rear mate
This from Se7en335

They are two types of OEM bump stops. There is bump stops for non-sport suspension which is for all Australian and American e90s and some Australian e92s and there is the OEM bump stops for sport suspension which is on all American E92s but is an option for Australia e92s. So I ordered the ones for the non sport version (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ch/31336771352). These bump stops are too long for lowered suspension and will limit suspension travel since when you lower your car you wanna maintain OEMish suspension travel to maintain the shock's dampening force (too little suspension travel equals not enough dampening force and so you hit the bump stops way too early without enough dampening force of the compressed shock and so you get a jarring ride), only way to do that is by getting shorter bump stops and/or shorter strut mounts. Cheapest way is getting shorter bump stops. The e36 M3 front bump stops are exactly 1 inch shorter than the non-sport OEM front bump stops and the z4 M rear bump stops are also exactly 1 inch shorter than the OEM rears. Cheapest way is to just cut the OEM bump stops when you jack up the car.

Trust me, it made a very noticeable difference. Feels like you install another suspension kit into your car. The ride soaks up bumps and imperfections much better than before
Appreciate 0