England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
<rant>

What is everyone's opinion on their dealer? So far I'm not blown away by the service levels i've encountered.

I've been looking at buying an e92 for a while now and am currently on my 3rd dealer.

Dealer 1 (Solihull) They started OK, I managed to arrange a short test drive with them & all seemed well. Decided to wait for the M-Sport package though which they told me would be coming out in March. So I advised them to contact me when they heard anything re: the M-Sport. March is almost here, so is the M-Sport. My phone call from the dealer isn't.

Dealer 2 (Wolverhampton) Oh dear. I went in to enquire & they said they would have to get a car in for test drive, fair enough. I asked for a brochure but they didn't have one so they took my name and address to send me one. Two months later... no brochure! No follow up. :mad:

Dealer 3 (Central B'ham) Promising so far. I went in last week, got test drive booked for this week so will see how it goes.

I don't like poor customer service full stop. Even more so when they expect me give them 40K for a car. If the service is this crap before i've even bought it, what's it going to be like afterwards?!

Is it just me? does everyone else get on fine?

I hope this third one is OK, i'm running out of ones nearby!

</rant>
Well, I've eventually managed to order my car, no thanks to the dealers. Further to my earlier post, Dealer 3 started off well but when I asked for a test drive in a 335i, it all started to go wrong. It's been something like 6 weeks since I first asked. No test drive yet & the customer service has been shocking!
e.g. Dealer rings Thursday & says he can get test drive for Friday prob, is that OK? I say yes so he says he'll ring back either Thurs eve or early Fri am to conf. I clear a meeting on Fri to prepare but guess what, no phone call, no response to email, nothing at all till next tues! Apalling.

I therefore opened a new line of enquiry with Dealer 4 (Warwick) managed a short test drive in an E90 335i (Which I can only assume was another customer's awaiting delivery) The chap there was going to ring me a week later as he was off for a few days, but for whatever reason, decided not to bother.

I'd heard from Dealer 3 that Dealer 2 had a 335i, so gave them a ring. I was put on to a nice lady there who managed to arrange a 6hr test drive in a couple of working days. Not only that, she managed to get me one with a 2 month wait, depspite the fact that the garage man said it would be 5 months. Order was placed that day.

Now, she'd only just started there so maybe she hadn't yet been on the BMW sponsored Arrogance course, or the "How not to bother contacting customers who want to buy a car" course that all other dealers have been on yet.

I have eventually ordered my car, but after the effort it took to get one, I remain fearful of what the after service will be like to be honest.

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0