Thread: E91s For Sale
View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #2234
Lylefk
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3 M-Sport Mystic/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro67racer View Post
I found this unicorn last week and decided the seller is not the right person for us to travel so far for. Perhaps someone local to Orlando, FL wants to go check it out in person. My experience and observations...

All of the pictures sent were taken in the dark and grainy, not showing much.
Description says it's "mint" but then he mentioned in our exchange that there is a dent in a door.
I guess there is a previous accident on it before current owner. He thinks it's because of the dent in the door.
I asked about cooling system maintenance (radiator, water pump, etc) seller replied with: "A/C is ice cold"
The right front tire is almost bald on the outer edge.

No VIN listed, but it's 2011 RWD, Sport, 6-spd, Grey over what looks to be Chestnut Brown leather with aluminum trim, Xenons. I don't see the miles listed anymore, but I think it was originally listed around 111K miles. Price is listed at $12k.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2639...12941206149055
Aloha,

Firstly thank you for this awesome thread and community, looking forward to officially joining with an e91 of my own (currently in a loaded 06 X3 M-sport, Mystic over black that's at 167k, 117k of them mine). Long time member of r3v, bimmerfest, bimmerforums, x3outpost, etc) I reached out to this guy and have a little more info. Still at $12k. Looks like he is a BMW tech. 2nd owner. Last 7 of vin are a189862 if you'd like to look it up, and here's the CARFAX.

Here is what he's told me with some questions on my end (he doesn't volunteer anything):

"117k, all maintenance up to date, few month ago top and bottom gaskets replaced and oil filter housing gasket too. Car in perfect working conditions."

"Said that damaged was in the driver side by the doors, repairs were made very well. Clutch not been replaced nor the brakes as far as I know. Brakes still have plenty life left and the clutch grips very good. Don’t think the water pump been changed and so the thermostat. Oil change was made when the gaskets were replaced and the brake fluid was serviced as well."

It's a tough one for me as I'm in Hawaii and I don't particularly get a good vibe from the guy via messaging. He just doesn't seem overly forthcoming. Minor red flags for me with the story variance on the accident. The car is interestingly specc'ed though and a classy color combo, if I were within driving range I'd be looking at it for sure. I'll pass, between the vibe and the upcoming maintenance. On the hunt for the right car I can ship home and drive for a long while.

Aloha!

Lyle