Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Race schedule here: http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/ra...p?series=FORM1
edit: there's also a "Countdown to F1" show tomorrow night at 9:00 on NBCSP, and "F1 Extra" after the race next week.
That show last night was one of the WORST pieces of F1 reporting I have ever seen. it appears to me that not only has the commentating team come over from Speed, but the production staff has gone to NBC as well.

Where shall I start, hmmm...

1) Right off the bat Hobbs says "All of the team have brought brand new cars to spain for testing this year". Umm, well that is true for the 3rd of the tests this year, but didn't any of the teams bring the chassis from last year? Hmm, actually that is the case. He took only seconds to display his ignorance, yet again.

2) No mention of what drivers went where. There were a number of driver shuffles from '12 to '13, yet very little mention of them.

3) We lost an entire team over the off season, they seem to have forgotten that

4) There is a MASSIVE financial issue with F1 again this year. Pay drivers are the norm, no longer then exception. To such a point that one driver was let go as they were testing. How can those commentators not even bring this point up?

5) Not a single mention of any rule changes for this upcoming year.

6) And this is my biggest gripe. They talked down to us F1 fans like we had never seen the sport before. Guess what NBC, brand new viewers won't be watching your F1 preview show. If they treated baseball fans the way treat F1 fans, I think there would be a lot of criticism lobbed at NBC for talking down to their audience. Yet, it's ok to do that for F1.

There's my quick review. But suffice to say I have ZERO faith that NBC Sports will be anything other than just a new set of letters in the bottom corner of our screens. Coverage will be the same shit we got from speed.