View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #32
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamera123 View Post
The Y cable from BMW is designed to transport video, the only ones on amazon are the pre lci (TCU) 6fl cable. The TCU was never designed for video handling so that's why that cable doesn't send video. As far as the white cable, yea white cable works for anything non plugin featured. If you retrofitted 6NR like myself and bypassed the need for the cradle then your only way to use plugin is with the 6NR cable from BMW only problem is its Iphone 4 connector and not the 5. The beginning of the thread talks about what everything supports.
What you're saying contradicts everything I know about the various media connection options, which is:

6FL: MULF-based USB. Y cable required for iProducts, or else you can use a thumb drive formatted FAT32. No video. Doesn't require iDrive.

6NR: Combox based. No Y cable required at all, uses a USB-only solution. video, bmw apps, etc etc.

What setup are you talking about that supports video over a Y cable? As far as I'm aware, the TCU has nothing at all to do with USB.