08-07-2017, 12:54 AM   #42
nick380
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_h View Post
Hi,

So I've gotten all the hardware done (waiting for the drive shaft to come back from the shop), but I'm wondering about this:

"29. Be sure to remove all the automatic connectors from the trans and lift from the top of the car out the automatic tranmission loom. You will need two connectors on the automatic harness plugged in as well as the ground for the loom, because when you go to program the car the DSC module relays on that ground to function. You will need to just tuck in part of the harness in the ECU box like I did. Just cut off the plastic retainer for the cable and wrap it around. reference for 2 connectors and ground needed to be plugge din from auto loom http://imgur.com/a/oMnaz"

I looked at the picture, but I'm not really clear what you mean... Are you saying that I just need to wrap up the harness because the connections at the engine bay need to be plugged in?

This is a race car, so I don't plan to install the clutch wiring harness and don't care about the backup lights. I was going to jump #3 & #41 on the CAS and call it a day.

Thanks for the write up!
I ended up plugging those two cables, which were from the original AT transmission harness because they carried grounds for the DSC module. But later I found out you can wire in those wires if you wanted to just check out wiring diagrams online to find out how. And by tuck them away I meant connect them and ground them to the same spot as the manual harness and place them within the ecubox with only the wiring so they wrap up and are easily stored if you go that method.

335i Manual Swap Project http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207505
Appreciate 0