09-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #20
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC19xx View Post
Only problem Im having is my car is being a prick and it stops making the noise when I get anywhere near close to my mechanic friend so I need to time it really well because it doesnt do it on start up only after driving for a few minutes and then once car is warm noise goes away. This is why I am late with an update will post back as soon as I know what is happening thanks guys!
They all do that. IN France they call "fear of the mechanic" and I've seen it. Once I had a fab B&O in an A8 and one of the frigging tweeters would not go back just as I was about to sell it. Went to a mates Porsche garage and had he barely plugged in the diagnosis machine the thin gy went back in straight away! Little blighter cars. I think its because they have "character"...

Try blowing some brake cleaner or degreaser spray on the belts (use a nozzle/ plastic pipe thingy) on the inside and outside of the belts when engine running (watch fingers and don't spray in the alternator directly it flammable). It will get rid of any contaminants on the belts and pulleys.
Appreciate 0