View Single Post
      01-22-2019, 08:16 PM   #39
dakotacoates
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB E90 View Post
OP I'm in the same boat as you. My 2010 335 has 75k mi and I just had the walnut blasting done and Trans service. The turbos, HPFP, Injectors, VCG, OFHG, spark plugs, have all been replaced in the last 20k mi. Spark Plugs have about 18k mi? I was thinking of just going MHD stage 1 maybe + and see how it goes. I guess I should do the Vac lines - need to research that - anyone have a quick link for vac lines? If I need plugs and/or coils so be it. It would be a good 1st DIY. One thing that worries me is the Water Pump as I didnt see anywhere that's its been replaced. CP and IC will come later - especially IC before it heats up here in So Cal. Although I was thinking of just installing a water sprayer for it?? But I'm thinking stage 1+ is as far as I want to go. (For now anyway) If I can get it to push 15-16psi reliably I think I'll be happy. I dont plan on tracking it just a few hard pulls now and then. I'll stay tuned to this.
I have no experience with MDH but I decided to go with a jb4 due to more versatility and safety features and I will eventually do a MHD backend flash but I found a used jb4 on offer up for $200 and I LOVE it it's a crazy crazy difference and I would 100% recommend I'm already pushing 14-15 psi and it feels quick but I've heard great things about MHD but as far as water pump I would wait until it needs it because it's a costly repair if you can't do it yourself I did it myself for only $200 but I waited till it needed it and my car ran fine after so no damage was done but it's always good to be safer then sorry if you have the money to spend
Appreciate 0