View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #38
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Ask who did the original R&D work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
I am reading everything I can find on here about the M3 Control Arms on E90. However, I cannon't find a detailed feedback on differences after putting them on. So I hope you can give me some input on this.

There are hard core Autocross-er's here. Who want the car to handle very aggressively and quickly. However, let me explain what I am looking to get out of mine: I want the car to be still comfort oriented. I want it to be a long distance cruiser that does not sacrifice ride. So my plans are, FK Konigsports - lowered, slightly lower than ZSP level, OEM 18's with good rubber. Keep the stock non-sport front sway, but put something thicker in the back (may be ZHP one or M3?). Reason here is, I want the car to understeer the least.

Here's where I want it to be a little aggressive: Steering. I want more feel. I want more feedback and to be more accurate. So with above mentioned upgrades, would M3 Control Arm set be a good addition? Would I get what I want?

For those of who had them for a long time, how is it holding up after a long time? Are there any alignment issues?

Thanks in advance.
All those benefits will be found after installing the M3 front control arms.

We first did the R&D back in 2008 and no one had these control arms on a car longer than we have. 40K street,track and competition miles later they came off of the car and was sold used, but in great condition. The same arms are still on a customer's car today.

They will most certainly outlast the oem ones you currently have on the car.
Appreciate 0