Respect my Authoritay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi ED

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinfo_us View Post
Consider that if you refuse to repair your car than you can't complain later. Also keep in mind that your dealer service depo has to follow what BMW tells them to do in PUMA case and they would not authorize bigger repair UNTIL technician opens your engine and report cam, rocker and etc out of spec. So, take your car in and put your concern about successful outcome in writing on their computer, you can refer to PUMA cases mentioned in this thread -- I don't know what else you can do but refusing to repair is not the best option IMHO. GL.
No definitely, I am completely aware that in order for them to attempt to fix the problem, they have to work on the car.
I was just venting my frustration. I am 100% in love with this car, I love driving it everyday, it continually surprises me, puts a smile on my face, and in general makes my day. So I don't want a band-aid for my engine.
The shop we've been dealing with has been super accomodating so far and are well aware of my fears. Last time the car was in, I discussed every detail with 3 of the guys including my SA for about an hour after they were "done for the day".