View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #20
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
Matt could you explain in greater detail the symptoms ur customer had with his cracked CP.

Im on stage 2 running at 16PSI JB4, and just today when i floored my car and hit peak boost, i heard a loud woosh noise, and the SES light came on even though my JB4 has the can tool to auto clear codes. Subsequently my car could only run up to 5 PSI of boost, till i pulled over, manually cleared the codes, and shut down the engine for awhile. After start up, all was fine and i was hitting my usual boost again of 16 PSI.

When i got back to the garage, i decided to do a self test, and put the car in DS Mode, stepped hard on the brake pedal and floored the accelerator, i saw my boost gauge hit 16 PSI again and woosh the error came back out, and the car drove at max 5PSI.

Do you think these are symptoms of a cracked charge pipe?

thanks!
could very well be. My customer would be able to drive around normally and make maybe 7-8psi...but when the car ran more than that (+5 settings) it would spike, and then drop and maybe make 3-4psi...no noise though. We would get a stumble, the car would lurch, hed pull over and restart it, and be fine again.

transferring the pics over to my gmail account...will post them up tonight.
Appreciate 0