scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post
I know this issue has been discussed endlessly on this and several other forums but I was hoping someone out there who has gone through this process can finally put the nail in the coffin on this issue.

The extender arm on my e92 isn't working properly and therefore doesn't catch the belt. I know the problem isn't the belt as it has no creases in it. Rather the arm extends but the hand doesn't pop out. It tries to pop out but looks and sounds like it is getting snagged on something. I am assuming the issue is the spring tension or a small piece broke off in the mechanism of the arm broke off and is preventing the hand from opening.

I know I need to replace the arm but I can't figure out how to remove it from the car. I've seen the video in a foreign language but couldn't make sense of it because he already had the arm out of the car.

Can someone shed some light on how to remove the arm please? I know you're supposed to hold onto it so it doesn't retract and then look for some sort of clip and cut at it?

Please help if you can, it would be much appreciated as i don't want to just pull the fuse on the thing as my passenger side arm works perfectly 100% of the time *knock on wood*

Thanks in advance
I fixed mine last October. You order the end piece and this it the best post on how to install it: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623423

If that's the one you already looked at, then I would just say to take your time. Pull the fuse while it is extended and have the computer there and you will figure it out.
Appreciate 0