United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom330 View Post
what do you expect from a car dealer located in NJ? People from NJ are bad enough, but car salesman from NJ = as shady and annoying as they come.

* No offense to any nice NJ people
You're from Ohio, you guys can't even run a proper election (pick and pull the lever and try not to "lose" the paper trail, really not that hard). I hate NJ too and I would rarely defend this godawful state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
Just a FYI, DO NOT GO TO DIFEO BMW for ANYTHING!

Sales are horrible and service is just scamming customers. I don't know how they train their staff but the attitude and manners are just horrific. I wish I didn't buy the car from them nor take it back for them to even touch it.

Sales: This guy is unbelievable. Talking down on the customer and also because I'm younger than this mofo, he can just talk to me like a kid. When I ordered my car, I had every single option checked. But he later on called me and mentioned that the 19" wheel option was not available. I asked him to make the amendment on the sales invoice and of course, he'd say he'll "take care of that". Sure enough, when I come into to pick up the car, and check the numbers, the $1000 option was still there but only he hid all the option prices and just had a total. Since I had a number in my mind and the number he told me to write on the check was more so when i inspected, he didn't update the invoice and almost charged me for the option that was never added onto the car. We'd also negotiated that car alarm would be installed and was on the sales invoice but of course, the car had no alarm. When I questioned about it, he just said that the car doesn't come with an alarm. But good thing I GOT IT IN WRITING!!! So the night of delivery, I took my car home, I saw lots of paint defects (sand in the paint).

So I scheduled an appointment for them to installed the missing alarm and also for them to buff out the paint defects. And here comes the service dept....

Service: First they told me that I'll be getting a BMW as a loaner, but later on, I was given a Toyota Prius from Enterprise. The car is great and fun as well so I didn't mind. I thought for just the weekend, I don't mind getting the extra insurance ($25/day) since I'll be returning it on Monday. We noted the issues and said that the car will be done by Monday. (Keep in mind I dropped it off on Saturday morning). Among the items needed to be taken care of, I brought foot pedals and valentine one hardwire for them to install. The tech came and looked at it, and he said everything that's on the list would take 2 hours to take care. That made sense because hardwiring only takes 30 minutes or less. But the service advisor wrote "$260 for V1 hardwire". So I questioned him about why is it $260? Didn't he just say 2 hours for EVERYTHING?! He then tells me that was for internal billing purposes so I stopped asking. But then when I called in on Monday, they didn't even started working on the car!! Then today, at 11:45am, he calls me finally. Everything is installed but the car is with the detailing guy, working on the paint defects. That's fine but then he asks me to pay $260 + tax. I told him "didn't you say that was for internal purposes? You said that everything was covered by the sales when I asked you on Saturday". He denies everything and just told me to pay $200 + tax. He also said that if I don't pay it now, I can't get my car tonight. Honestly, $200 is nothing to me but I really do hope that these people will loose their jobs in the future. This is not customer service and I will for sure give them all "1". I'm extremely dissatisfied with my $58k purchase and definitely will NEVER give them ANY more transactions in my LIFE!

Sorry for the unpolished grammar but I'm just so pissed right now that I need to tell you all about what I had to put through in the last week ever since I gave them my check on 11/23/07.

I went to Difeo in Tenefly and had a very positive experience with them. They let me pick up my car the same day it was delivered. Not only that they completely followed my instructions to the T meaning no car wash, just do the PDI, no bumper drilling, and leave everything alone (yes I picked it up with plastic on the seats and the foam stickers on the door). I will certainly buy from them again when we pick up either a 335 or X3 this Christmas for my wife. Our CA, Roland Llupa, is awesome. He returns calls, follows up, and is very open and honest.
Appreciate 0