View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

P/S Fluid service myself today

Picked up a can of the CHF 11S fluid from the dealer for about $25. I've seen some write ups on how to do this, but I went with a easier route I've had luck with in the past. I drove the car around for a few miles and when I parked it I made sure to turn full lock in each direction twice. I used a suction gun and pulled as much fluid out of the resevoir as possible as soon as soon as possible once I shut the engine down. (have everything ready, shut engine down, suck fluid out ASAP). Then I 'd fill some new fluid in and run the engine, full lock both directions twice. Repeat the suction. My car is a '07 with 45k miles and the fluid looked original. It was dark brown, had a very bad odor to it and looks awful. Like burnt transmission fluid. Now it's a nice clear light green like the new fluid. I managed it perfectly. I'm at the full line and have about 2oz left in the new bottle. Drove it around for a few miles and checked the fluid. On a new white paper towel the fluid is super clear/light green. Looks brand new. I'll keep an eye on it, if it darkens up I'll run another liter through the system this way. I use this method on a lot of my cars and it works. My work car is an '08 with about 75k miles on it and the p/s fluid looks new. And there is no risk of leaks taking the system apart. If you do this method when it starts to darken up you can keep it looking new forever.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
Appreciate 0