Second Lieutenant
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: BMW n52 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFarelli View Post
I just bought the replacement hose but am definitely considering keeping a set of clamps and break line in my trunk incase This ever happens again.

Opinions appreciated
If you had to tell yourself that for every single hose in this car that is potentially problematic and can leave you stranded....

Just inspect it from time to time and if it's been a considerable amount of millage change it out proactively instead.
True I had that same opinion however I've taken my bmw to the dealership multiple times through the last few months they performed full inspections and safety inspections and managed to miss this. Either because it's hard to estimate it's health or probably because they know that if they try to test it's strength they will break it and have to pay for your new one. Checking this hose is hard being it's so tiny and under the air intake. Look at a lot of the other coolant hoses they are all look a bit stronger and easier to notice wear? However it seems the other most common hose to go out is upper radiator hose. Any one have any other good examples of weak hoses ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0