01-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #121
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I'm going to reuse everything i have (hopefully), so my plan was to use kaigoss' DIY and cut a ski hole. Then mount the baffles and sub. Then what i'm going to do is use your DIY to deaden the parcel shelf and maybe the rear seat if i can. Then seal as much of the rear seat as i can. Not sure how it will sound with folding seats though. Hopefully it won't be much different to non-folding ones

But the sub is probably the last thing i'd do. I want to make a start tomorrow on fitting the morels in. I have a bit of an idea reading a few threads and i still have my normal adaptors. I think i need to modify the adaptor to make a stepped one to push the morel towards the grill, just like here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405224

Doesn't look easy though!
You could apply the sound deadening on the lower surface of parcel shelf (from the boot) as that would work out as easy job.

looking forward to see your installation. Some people say that sounds systems work out better in coupes than Saloon / estates due to less cabin space....lets check it