View Single Post
      04-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #16
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

The Tool32 method just seems to default everything. I personally wouldn't do it for long term use as it may cause excessive or premature wear of the clutches. I did it, it did make the shifts a bit more firm in manual mode but there was more hesitation from a standstill and in D it seemed to hold the gears/take longer to change gears. It may learn by itself over time but who knows how long.

On my car with 144k, i didnt want to chance it so after about 100km I hooked it up to ISTA/D and went through all the resets and calibrations. Some of them must be done with the engine running, foot on brake because it engages the gears to learn the characteristics of the shift valves. For those calibrations, i dont see how clicking reset with the engine off will do it correctly. There was also no mention of a specific drive pattern to follow after resetting everything in ISTA/D. So it's pretty much a drive in drive out affair

I will post up the before and after printouts when i get back in a week. It shows the clutch actuation pressures, shift valve compensation and a few other things i dont remember at the moment.
Appreciate 0