Thread: E92 Rear Shocks
View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 10:59 AM   #15
Willygbr66
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quick update. Not managed to get other rear wheel off however will do tomorrow. However on searching on the net it seems that control arm is as it should be and real oem also provide the schematics of the suspension parts which further clarifies.

Have also emailed a complaint to Vreds regarding the bulging in the tyre. They are quite happy to have a look at it so need to at least get it to one of their dealers and fill out the paperwork though not sure I’ll get any goodwill however no harm trying.

Going to purchase the struts plus top and bottom mounts later today. A good deal for some Sachs parts I have found.

My question is how difficult is the replacement? Considering I have replaced my valve cover gasket on my own plus OFHG. On a scale comparable to those what are people’s thoughts?

Lastly “if” this resolves the issues is it recommended to get a wheel alignment done particularly Hunter? I only ask because if the bulging has occurred through hitting a pot hole/s, which there are many in my area, I have a feeling the camber on that rear right is definitely out of line.

As also advice/suggestions are very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0