View Single Post
      02-25-2021, 11:06 PM   #9
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
My cars are never locked in the garage. For decades, in Maine, the garage was unlocked and the cars usually had the keys in them. My house in Maine didn't actually come with keys - I never had any until I changed all the knobs to handles, keyed alike. Florida, not so much, but I still don't lock the car when it is in the garage.

And no, whether locked or not makes no difference in power drain. These cars will go dead in a few weeks either way.
Yeah I'm iffy on this one but generally not locked. I'll lock my e30 for the trunk (when parked in public) since there are often valuables in there but 99.9% of the time it's parked either the top, windows, or both are down and so far all that's ever been stolen in 9 years was about 15 cigarettes (the kind thief left me two to tide me over til I could buy more--what a guy) and an empty Bic lighter back when I used to smoke. Knock on wood. It's never locked in the garage and I've often left the keys in the ignition in the garage (which I typically realize after scouring the house for them).

E92 I only lock because the music keeps playing on bluetooth til I lock it or til it times out. Plus I like hearing the chirp and got a car with the alarm specifically for that reason.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0