11-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #63
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly View Post
Yay! Hopefully it doesn't have any problems!

And that's sweet I didn't realize they were black inside the housing! That'll look sick since my cars all black!

Can't wait to get them!
They're more of a matte black, so it's not really a deep shiny black like the color of your paint, but it'll still look really really nice on a black car.

If you look here at the second picture, you can see them better:
http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1167

The corners are more of a graphite, really flows with my SGM paint, but the housing is blackhoused (for the most part) with some chrome shrouds, etc.

So not everything is blackhoused, but most is, and the quality of the housing is superb. My mom's a harsh critic, and she loves them!

ERROR UPDATE:

Tonight as I was driving, my passenger projector just suddenly decides to turn off. Really annoying!! I also got a new error with the car on the lift.

I researched tonight and found someone who had a similar error when installing xenon in a halogen E90. It's the HID kit that is throwing all the errors, so nothing wrong with the DEPOs themselves. The Canbus HID seems to fix most errors, but I still get a "headlight out" error, and now the passenger projector doesn't light up randomly, which means power is not being sent to the passenger ballast, because the car thinks the light is out.

I think I'll be able to fix the issue if I code the car for xenon (VO $522) then follow this process to get the high beam functionality back how Umnitza set it up...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500068

It makes sense that this would do the trick for the low beam error yet still keep the high beam retro bixenon functionality.

I have also been receiving a parking lamp error every so often the last two nights, but it goes away right away (maybe due to the Canbus ballast wiring??). I'm okay with this one, because it goes away, and the angel eyes have never shut off randomly and work perfectly, and so do the LED turn signals.

The only severe error is the low beam, so I'll let you guys know what works for me. What sucks is I have to wait 2 weeks for a coding cable to get here.
Appreciate 0