View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #4336
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

There are times in this life when we witness two of the most unlikely things coming together, and when they do- something magical happens.

Although it's not often that this occurs, there are some very notable examples:

-Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff
-Elton John and Eminem
-Beer and 40oz bottles
-Kermit and Ms Piggy
-Tupac and Holograms
-Bacon and well, anything

It wasn't more than three weeks ago that I witnessed yet another example of unlikely awesomeness. Not even a week later, that secret was exposed to the world, and the world agreed- AWESOME.

That secret left Glen Cove at 5:12AM on April 12 2012 and as I watched it drive into the rising sun, with lights and sirens blazing, I couldn't help but think to myself- AWESOME.

It's quite remarkable to see progression. In any and all forms really. This was different. To watch the reality of what was once simply our ideas, ideas dreamed up in the shop board room and then transferred to a computer rendering, actually driving through the streets of Lower Manhattan and the reaction it commanded. This was special. This was... AWESOME.

I must admit, I still ask myself, what the FUCK were we thinking? I mean, let's get real here- a Lamborghini Fire Truck?? With that said, if ever there was a time for excessive speed to be existent in the arms of modern day society, it'd unquestionably be in the combat of fire.

It is with that idea in mind, that I present to you, the World's first Lamborghini Fire Rapid Response Unit:

Appreciate 0