Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
jb4 map 1 will obliterate cobb stage 1 or 1+. plus map 5 on jb4 will probably shit on cobbs stage 1-2 maps. again. NO METH OR e85 maps. OTS cobbs (e30+ maps) are not as good as jb4 auto tune or procedes auto tune.

Cobb is just not impressive. But cool and easy for the lazy fucks. You act like i get this information out of the air. Ive ran cobb'ed cars and raped them and i had less mods and a jb3 at that! dude then sold it for a jb4. He was much happier.

You can get good results with cobb, its just that jb4 and procede can get those numbers while doing ALOT more things the cobb cant. The device is impressive.

ive seen stage 1 cobb dynos and it doesnt put out the power a procede or jb4 can.
You're a fool. There's nothing to brag about if a piggy is beating an OTS SHELF Map COBB car. The ONLY place that the piggys really shine is boost controlling (which can easily be addressed by changing the TMAP sensor) and meth/NOS controlling (which should actually be done completely independent from your tune). There's a reason why all the BIG horsepower cars run flash or stand alones & NOT piggys.

The fact that BMS & Vishnu have both started releasing flashes for their tunes when people hit FBO performance. Ironically enough (you as a BMS/JB4 supporter) should be grateful that COBB exists as Terry has started releasing COBB base maps to stack with his JB4 tune to address fueling/timing needs that the JB4 cannot resolve independently.

And if you're gonna call COBB users lazy, then maybe we should start calling piggy users idiots for being dependent on AutoTune to fine tune your performance. Meanwhile, COBB users use their knowledge on tuning the N54 and ATR to full extrapolate the power of the N54.

By the way, here's an E90 335 COBB (camera car) vs 135 JB4 (guess who wins every time):
Appreciate 0