View Single Post
      09-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #48
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
It's because most everyone w/ a BMW drives in a straight line ~99% of the time. Since that's the case, what's the point of having summer tires which you can only benefit from ~5 seconds at a time during on-ramp maneuvers. Not to mention, only lasting half as long as an A/S.

If we all had the luxury of driving through the canyons of Malibu everyday, etc. I'm sure that would be a different story.
This is why I respect the Subaru WRX (not STi but base through limited). It comes with summer tires only, and a clutch, no need to explain/disclaim, have a 3rd check box, THIS CAR COMES WITH SUMMER TIRES, AND IT HAS A CLUTCH, ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH, ARE YOU SURE IT'S FOR YOU? If it's not for you, then you buy a Corolla.

I get it, it's truly the reason why there are just as many E9x's without ZSP. How my car reached over 50k on the original RE050A's is anybody's guess. The snows took about 7k, so 43k total.

I always thought it funny to squeeze every last bit out of a tire--I did it with my Nissan. I believe it was over 80k on the RS-As which in retrospect was silly.

Anyway, my point is you can have a E9x that has ZSP, and the dealer is willing to mount 4 A/S non-runflats on the vehicle, if that means they can get your $2,600.
Appreciate 0