View Single Post
      09-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #58
OneMoreAlex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike360 View Post
I feel like I need to chime in here with the approaching obnoxious bashing of A/S tires. Yes, I agree that having seperate winter and summer tires is ideal. But some people dont have the space, or maybe don't want to have to buy another set of wheels and tires, and these tires aren't cheap for good ones. A full set of wheels and tires for a performance setup car is approaching $4k.

Some of the modern A/S tires are approaching dedicated summer tires in dry grip, and few summer tires do "waaay" better in the wet. Plus, most drivers only drive on the road and you will be hard pressed to exceed the limits of a "performance" A/S on the road. They perform when it is below 40*, which happens in summer time where I am. So you get a tire that does pretty well on the road during summer, and can get you through a limited amount of snow during winter all while saving money and getting tires that can last 50k miles.

No need to be dicks to people that don't need either extremes of performance and want to save a bit while getting a tire with 80% of the capability.
To each their own, but sir...did you ever consider that you bought a performance car? Given the scenario that you've stated, wouldn't a Honda Pilot be a better option?