ahhllen
Midnight Marauder
Philippines
Rep
Drives: AW 2008 335i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsonreds View Post
Hi everyone. I am planning to do this DIY to my 2011 E92. Just a couple of questions to the guys that already have done it.

1. My molding has come off at the corners. It appears that the glue molding has run off and I have to corners of plastic looking like old stickers. The OEM molding has glue around the corners to prevent that from happening?

2. On the end of each modling there is a piece of plastic called "the support molding" if I change the molding, how will it stick to the old support? Is there any glue I mus apply? Or yoy suggest changing everything? The post only showed the molding replacement, not the support/base.

Regards,

Edson.
I did this diy a few weeks ago for the first time.

1. I believe the driver side top corner has adhesive tape and indent that will keep it flat, the passenger side doesn't. It has the adhesive tape but not all the way to the very corner.

2. The "molding support" isn't held by adhesives where it connects to the windshield molding, there's no need to replace it unless it is badly bent out of shape. You'll need to pry it up a bit to get the windshield molding removed under it and when you reinstall, but it should come back flat to it's original shape.

The part that takes long is the removal of the old molding depending on how bad it is cracking. Goo Gone/WD-40 definitely helps to get the residue out.
Appreciate 1