View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 07:21 AM   #65
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
Axiom is gone I read somewhere on here... My wife is buying me these headers for Father's Day!!! How does it sound with your secondaries off hack?
Whats the power curve 3K, 4K up to what?? Hook it up with more recent updates
I've had the AFE catted headers installed about two months ago. When I first had them installed I had the secondary cat delete with the BMW performance exhaust and it was friggin loud. My first course of action was to have 9-inch resonators installed on the mid pipes, which didn't help much, I then reinstalled the secondary cats, which toned it down to an acceptable level, until about 4,000 RPM. I then purchased the Dinan exhaust system, which helped but I ended up installing a baffle insert in the Y pipe. The increase in low and mid-range power was quite noticeable. Obviously, everyone has a different level of tolerance for noise, but the one thing I can assure you, if you are running with the secondary cat delete and the PE, it will be substantially louder. Have fun!
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0