View Single Post
      10-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
MacE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Chevrolegs

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
First off, mission accomplished. Thanks @BimmerGeeks. Second, here is a description of how I was able to program the module without it being recognized in NCSexpert....for the next person.

Step 1: Configure WinKFP. I used the guide "Configuring WinKFP.pdf" and can be found via Google. Note: I had to manually load the module I wanted to program, JBE in this case, in to the assembly line data; despite using BMW coding tool to update my WinKFP files.

Step 2: The kmm_atsh file recommended by BimmerGeeks contained both of the ZB numbers for the old and new units. I used the ZB number for the new JBE unit because I want to assign factory settings to the new unit. This number was verified via INPA -> User Information Field (UIF).

Step 3: Start WinKFP -> Comfort Mode -> Update ZSUB -> Select JBE module (2JBBR or something like that) -> Click OK.

Step 4: Most WinKFP guides instruct you to enter the VIN number next. This option did not appear for me when I returned to the main menu. This results in no VIN number assigned to my new JBE module. I clicked on program (F3 I believe) and the new JBE module was programmed with factory settings. Close WinKFP.

Step 5: Open NCSexpert -> Load non-manipulation profile. See NCS Expertmode coding DIY.pdf via Google on how to create a non-manipulation profile. This is the correct way to write factory settings to a new module. F1 -> F3 to choose chassis and load VIN and VO. F4 to choose ECU -> Click OK. F2 -> SG_CODIEREN -> Click OK. F3 to start coding factory settings according to the VO to the chosen ECU.

NOTE: *** See Post #8 Below**** To assign a VIN to the new JBE module once all other steps are complete: Open WinKFP -> Comfort Mode -> F3 (Update ZSUB) -> Choose JBBFR3 in the case of my new JBE unit -> Click Ok -> F4 (Enter VIN) -> Enter VIN and click OK -> Click Done -> F3 (Prog ZB-update) ->Click Yes/Ok and wait for programming. Close WinKFP.

Last edited by MacE90; 12-06-2017 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 2