View Single Post
      03-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #26
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
so far, 5 cars total have run "hot" under normal driving... and only one of those had the oil cooler... this still backs up my thought that only some cars have an issue that causes them to run hotter, and this is band-aided by the extra oil cooler, but still not a real fix... and some cars are not prone to overheating at all, cooler or no cooler...
I think it might depend on on the region you live and the temps your car may be exposed to.

The latest I got from the dealer TODAY and this really chaps my ass LOL, I love saying that redneck style.

My wife was told by our dealer mind you(not some shmoe on the corner), BMW north America knows there is a problem and are working on it. Now if this info was given to me 4 days after buying the car why wasn't I disclosed this info during the sale? Am I not entitled to full disclosure of a known problem before dropping 50k on a car?

So I guess they told her they are checking our VIN to see if we have the cooler, I know we don't. My wife seems to think they might not have a cooler to give even if they could give it. Final words was our complaint has been filed and we will be notified as soon as the FIX becomes available by BMW. If your all wondering why I didn't call the dealer? well I don't talk real nice so I have her do it LOL...

My personal thoughts on this: RUN'EM while you Got'em because if they admit theres a problem no need to worry about warranty denials on motor failures............
Appreciate 0