United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4dj View Post
Just discovered by Oil Filter Housing Gasket is leaking pretty good on my 2011 E93 335i. I just hit 60K miles.

Dealer diagnosed when I was having my airbag replaced and they were more than happy to change the OFHG for just over $1300.

Anyway, I have replaced this gasket before on my 2008 X5 3.0 so I have the tools. I realize that there are a few differences as my 2011 E93 is the N55 engine that I believe requires that I loosen the intake manifold to reach that rear bolt.

My question, should I replace my belt, the belt tensioner and idler pulleys while I am at it. Or at this mileage is it too premature unless I have signs that the belt has been exposed to oil.

Thanks in advance
DJ

BTW - I will be doing spark plugs at the same time in accordance with the service interval.
I would take off the entire intake manifold, replace the intake gaskets, throttle body gasket & clean the throttle body, and scrub the intake valves the old fashioned way. You will need a 22mm for the crank, in order to turn over the engine. Buy some SS wire brushes and a gun cleaning kit. Get Seafoam intake cleaner. Maybe 3-4 cans.

Or

Splurge for your own walnut blasting kit. BAV Auto has one of around $225.00.

Then buy a catch can & install.

Just a "while your in there" deal.......
Appreciate 0