United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOkilla View Post
Hello, new to the forum but did not find a solution via the search function. I recently purchased a 2007 335i A/t with 85k miles on it. I purchased a package of parts from Arm Motorsports and installed them.

Initially I installed:
5" Stepped Intercooler, Charge pipe w/ Tial BOV, Dual-cone Intake and upgraded intercooler piping. I also installed new spark plugs and flashed the MHD Stage 1+ tune on it. The car was driving amazing and felt incredibly responsive and quick compared to stock. I noticed the low-end throttle response was a huge upgrade.

After a week, I decided to install my Arm Motorsports catless downpipes. It was a nightmare to install but eventually got them on. The o2 sensors did see some abuse unfortunately and the silicone housing got a little beat up. Additionally, the wires got twisted during install because I left them hooked up in the engine bay. (Mistake, I should have attached them to DPs before they were on the car)

I started up the car and didn't notice and bad signs or noises. I flashed the MHD Stage 2+ tune on the car and took it for a spin. I immediately noticed a sever lack of low end grunt, and the car feels like it's bogged down/hesitating between 1-2k RPMs with a very low amount of power and throttle response. Then it spools up and surges with power, but still doesn't feel right. When in 3rd or 4th gear WOT it gives me a 30FF engine code and goes into limp mode. Even before the code, the car feels significantly weaker than when it was in 1+ and working properly.

I took the downpipes off and re-installed them, doubling checking the bolts are not in the way of the wastegate actuator arm, I can take a picture tomorrow and post to verify they are correct. Still got the code, so I double checked all connections on the intake system, charge pipe, etc and found no leaks. I did a DIY smoke test and the only visible smoke to be released was out of the intakes where I had the PVC caps in to block them. I double checked the o2 sensors were in the correct positions, and never got an o2 code.

I noticed some vacuum lines were pretty frayed, and have new lines coming in the mail. However, I'm confused because all these issues happened immediately after the downpipes install.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I just need suggestions on what the issue could be.

Thank you in advance.
New vacuum lines is a cheap, inexpensive way to rule something out.

Turbo solenoids on the passenger side near the valve cover gasket could be your issue.

Gaskets -

Intake manifold
Throttle Body
Charge pipe connection to the throttle body
Both sides of the FMIC
Outlets attached to the turbos

Make sure all the connections on your inlets are secure. Even the ones on the turbos. The OEM connections are rather flimsy.
Appreciate 0