View Single Post
      08-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I was having a conversation with a friend only last night about a related subject;
he wants a new console (has PS2 and Wii) and asked me if he should go for xBox or PS3 (as I have both).

Given that I got my PS3 three years ago because GT5 was on the cusp of being launched (delays now stretch over 3 years) and almost every time I turn the thing on it requires an update I had to recommend the xBox.

Added to that, Forza is abso-bloody-lutely fantastic.
Graphics, sound, gameplay, physics engine - everything is top notch.

On-line game play is also very, very good and it just served to highlight how awful the online gameplay of GT5 prologue was - they need to sort that out before the lanuch of GT5 proper.

My only disappointment with Forza (and this is where GT2 comes in) is the 'selection of tracks; in forza, other than a couple of obvious ones (Nurburgring, for example) there aren't many tracks that I particularly 'engage' with.

However, the early GT games - Grand Valley/Grand valley East section, Autumn ring, Seattle etc were fantastic, I really liked those.

Fingers crossed Forza 4 offers a greater selection of race tracks.

That said, I know I'm going to end up buying GT5 just so I can race the top gear circuit (yes, that's on there...)

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0