United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Black/Black

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This exactly how they work

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHDEN View Post
i personally do not have an issue with service guidelines. It's how things are gone about.
EX 1: I called my dealer that my tire picked up a nail. the lady said hold on, let me check if they can do it for you today. i hold patiently. she says that if i make it by 2pm that they can fit me in w/o appointment. so i drive down 35 minutes and get there by 1pm to hear my tire man tell me...no, my guy is out to lunch. can't do it today. no sincere apology. when i told him the situation and that i had a long drive out of my schedule ... it didn't seem to bother him. i got the look like that's not my problem.

EX 2: I go in for my tire to be changed and ask how long you think it will take so I know to either wait or bother some1 to pick me up...he says.. no more than 2 hours. I end up waiting for 4 hours for a change of tire and alignment starving ... and he kept saying 20 minutes..20 minutes. when i finally went to look for him...he was out for lunch. when he came back 45minutes ago...he said.. oh, its been ready. are you kidding me??? that is service?? I do not waiting 4, 8 hours..but tell me honestly up front so I know what the hell to do instead of waiting and bothering the f**k out of you.

EX 3: i make an appointment with my service advisor. I wait 2 weeks as he is busy. i take the day off from work. i drive there...and they tell me, "he's out of town...let me get you some1 else" ... if i wanted some1 else... i would not have waited 2 weeks!!!! and then i book it for next week and ask..."will he be back in town?" ... they say..not sure, but should be...call and make sure" ... I call??? you call me and re-schedule my appointment!!!! are you kidding me??

EX 4: parking my car...and first thing comes out of the valet attendants mouth "give me your keys"...

Is that called service??? I am not complaining about waiting or guidelines... I am talking about service.... manners. something I would expect from a dealer that I am dishing out 50 grand for. my biggest payment next to housing. that is the service we deserve??? I get better service from the mail man by him saying "good afternoon".