View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

there is a back story to this which is somewhere in the N52 section. One member purchased the ESS supercharger kit when they first came out , this member already had AA headers installed. ESS was unable to tune the car to work correctly with the AA headers. ESS went back and forth with the customer trying to make it work without any luck , then ESS blamed the headers , made the customer removed the headers and everything worked out

However, since then , we have seen other members running AA headers with the ESS supercharger kit , BPC was able to tune the ESS supercharger with AA headers, Bob at BPC mentioned that they found out what the problem was with the tuning and they were able to resolve it. So ess is full of s** on this one as it has been proved that it was a tuning issue on their side

Also there is a lot of members running AA headers without any issues , I have been running them for about 2 years and my car hasn't explode yet. There are other members that have been running them for a lot longer than me. There are other member that have been tracking with headers . You could even do a search on the N52 forum to see if anyone had an engine blown because of the headers , I do not recall seeing anyone blowing anything with headers. Only issues that you may see is the erratic idle , which usually goes away after a driving cycle , or ends up being someone forgot to plug something back in when doing the installation .

The truth of the matter is ESS is not capable to come out with a proper tuning for their ESS supercharger and AA headers. If you are planning on doing this combo, I would highly recommend talking to BPC

ESS do not want to bother spending more time on their tuning , so they just take the easier way out on this one. They probably have other projects on the go to even bother

Last edited by rick100; 06-01-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 2