View Single Post
      08-02-2020, 01:58 AM   #46
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by smass View Post
For L7 retrofit you can use a complete harness but you don't need it. Getting the front left and right speaker wires out of the dash is not easy. The passenger side wiring gets mixed up in the fusebox wiring. You really only need the L7 plug with rear door and center speaker wiring. The rest can be spliced together. With that said, since the rear deck and front seats are out for speaker replacement, you can easily use the new L7 wiring for those. Rear door, center and sub wiring all travel the same path under the drivers seat to the console.
i cannot agree with all these statemens because i've dissasembled few e9x harnesses and did some installs
audio harnes is separate from main harness
all audio wiring is going out from headunit down to the tunnel and then by the left side goind to door.
and passenger wiring coming out from the tunnel and crossing it between gearbox stick and dashboard and goes to passenger door near seat