01-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #77
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
For sure, but it is a possibility/does happen and I track my car as I said. Also, I bought the car with 116k on it(220k now), so who knows really how it was treated before I got it, it did have 2 mixed banks of injectors so.....

Thanks for the reply. I did think 4,5,6 were worn for sure, but not as bad as I've seen in some other threads. But definitely glad I changed them and it's all back and running fine.

I've seen and follow the Z4 thread, and asked him about it recently. He told me "Baffles don't solve the problem, but might help a tiny bit during braking. But again, it is not a solution."

Which is better than nothing in my book. Every little bit will help, especially since I am not going to put in an accusump or anything(yet?). And about not adding parts to the car that weren't there originally, uhmm this car probably wasn't intended to be tracked much if any from BMW when they built it, so I don't think it was much of a worry to them to keep oil around the pickup in long high-g corners. Like I said, every little bit will help. Thanks for the input though.
If I remember correctly it has been documented that is actually worse with the baffle as slows down the oil back into the pan. You need to re read that tread again. I’m assuming it’s a VAC part. People modify it to make it ok. As is isn’t good as far as I remember. 4, 5 and 6 look like on engines I have worked that suffered oil starvation from belt debries clogging up the sump. Don’t get me wrong but I don’t think those would last a session in advance group. I been tracking my 335i since 2010 and blew up 2 engines. Be happy you replaced them before they spun.
Appreciate 1