01-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #293
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Hey Shane, an LSD and subframe will not drastically improve you going over corrugations on the road i don't think. I would go suspension mods first (coilovers) as i have zero issues putting power to the ground and i'm running 275 rears.
Well its not just the going over the corrugations in the road that is the issue, basically when the power is on the rear end is being unsettled and is squirming around. The addition of the bumps unsettles the rear for traction even more hence the DTC cutting in too soon imo.

I have read the M3 rear subframe helps a lot with the bump steer issues, was hoping the guys who have an lsd and m3 bushes could chime in. Justin showed me his car with a heap of megan chassis bracing when up on the hoist at advan that I thought might help in this scenario?

Interesting that you have zero traction issues though Ian!?! Surely you have the DTC kicking in when driving hard coming out of corners etc? Perhaps the 6mt and the dct have different power deliveries thus the dct is somewhat smoother?
Appreciate 0