View Single Post
      10-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #30
dvpouldar26
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

I think the smell is subjective. I personally like the smell while others hate it and find it to take the class away from the car. If you don't want to put up with the smell, the go with hfc's......less gains, but nowhere near the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
I have a single 3.5' Dp that tapers down to a single 3' midpipe... basically a full straight pipe. Besides the sound ( which is a completely different thread) It reeks catless. when I say "reeks" I mean really strong smell. But the power gains are far more than worth it
If i'm not mistaken I saw your e92 driving down sunset and hilgard today (Was that you?; I was in the silver cayman). If that was you, it's definitely loud setup, but a dp and muffler delete isn't my cup of tea in terms of sound. Driving around you, I wouldn't say the smell was bad at all......many other platforms that are catless are much worse than these cars in terms of smell.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0