View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #92
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

wow, old thread - haha. Things were so much harder back then. There weren't even free 3 stage tunes from bimmerlabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymartinez96 View Post
First off sorry about reviving this thread but researching everywhere for my answers always lead to a dead end. being this is the only thread / topic found for my problem I might as well ask and see if I get a reply!

SO. I bought a used 06 325i (automatic) with 160k miles.... $4,000.00 isn't bad for the car but yea a lot of miles. anyways I want to modify the car for decent HP Gains and the stage 3 intake to my understanding is the obvious thing to-do.

1. is it worth the trouble with my car almost being 200k miles

2. does the intake manifold parts need to be off a 06 330i? or any model year will work?

3. with an auto transmission car will it be a noticeable difference / affect my engine as far as reliability???

again sorry for reviving this thread but anything helps!
1. sure, why not? 160k is not almost 200k.

2. it doesn't have to be off a 330i, but getting one off an 06 N52 (with the silver valve cover) is probably easiest since there are differences in the PCV system. Remember though, the 3 stage came on lots of cars - the 530i, X3, X5, Z4, etc. It doesn't have to be from an E90. Don't pay $500 for one either. And don't get confused with the M54 DISA manifolds, which don't work on the N52.

3. Well of course the AT saps some of the fun, but yeah, it's going to make a difference. The baseline between a 325i and a 330i is like 45hp, plus a broader (and earlier) torque curve.
Appreciate 1
Phyrexia502.50