View Single Post
      06-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #1762
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

when you unplug a device the dynavin will switch to the next available source, that is normal, the volume does not "change" BUT if your ipod is much quieter than the radio station you will have the volume up and when it changes to a different source it may be a louder song, etc.... In the sound settings menu there is a source level setting to adjust the relative volume between sources, you probably need to turn the radio level setting down so that it matches the perceived loudness of the other sources.

Yes, if you have the unit on streaming audio it will start playing automatically, regardless of what the source is it will start playing when you start the car. That is what it is supposed to do and is how most people want it, you get in, start the car and the music starts up. This is not exclusive to the dynavin, almost all car audio systems work this way and the phone is designed to play when connected as well.

If its not something you like your best bet is to get into the habit of lowering the volume when you leave the car, Ive been an audio guy for most of my life and its standard practice for me to lower the volume when I arrive somewhere so I do not get a surprise the next time I get in the car!
Appreciate 0