08-04-2020, 01:42 AM   #44
jzx_andy
Slowpoke
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275 View Post
I'd be more than happy to help mate. It would all be new to me as well, but sometimes 2 heads are better than 1, so they say...

A mate had a OS Giken diff installed by the guys at GMW (in Malaga). Might be worth a call to them? Seem like good dudes. I've only driven the 135i once since the diff was installed, and don't have heaps to compare it to, but it felt amazing to drive. Light years ahead of my car (with its auto, open diff, much less power....)

Let me know when you're working on it next. I'm pretty sure we're only a suburb or two away (going by your Gumtree wanted ad).

Craig
Hey Craig

I spoke to GMW, they seem like a bunch of great guys but unfortunately they said they aren't able to build any of the large case e9x 335i diffs. Apparently even the large bolted diffs from the early production automatic 335i's require some form of machine work that they're not entirely confident with. The welded ring gear diffs are a no-go either.

Not too sure on whether they can build small bolted diffs that some of the automatic 335i's produced from late-2007 onward came with. I don't remember there being any machine work required on those differentials, but I'm far from the best source of information when it comes to this topic haha.

Hope this helps! BTW I'm located around Carlisle, if you're around. Might need a pair of hands to help me fit the clutch assembly and manual box in, as I pulled the auto out of the car a couple of nights ago

6MT swapped | Xtreme twin disk & SMF | Advan RSII | ST XTA | F82 M4 heated front seats | BMW Individual interior trims | CIC/Combox retrofits | Custom headlights | 1M/M3 mirrors | 335is auxiliary radiator | LCI tails
Appreciate 0