View Single Post
      12-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #16
Techevo
Evo Junkie
Rep
Drives: E91 325D M-Sport, Evo 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
Awesome work. Knowledge, motivation and patience are more valuable than any tool. You have them all I see.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the Wavetrac over the Quaife unit. I'm paying someone to do mine in the not too distant future and am interested in your thoughts given your engineering background.

Cheers,

J
I chose the Wavetrac due to it still working in a zero grip environment, ie on ice or snow, and also if one wheel is lifted.

The roads I drive/have driven have caused individual wheels to come off the ground, due to the lower suspension droop with my set-up, Ohlins coilovers and a big rear anti-roll bar.

The Quaife is an excellent diff, but for me, the Wavetrac works in all enviroments and set-ups, where-as the Quaife doesn’t.

I’ve used both pure helical and Wavetrac diffs in many other cars I’ve owned/built/driven on road and track, so made the decision from lots of experience.
Ohlins DFV with 400/800 Swifts // M3 arms and bushes // H&R anti-roll bars // Modified top mounts allowing -1.5 deg front camber // 19" MORR VS8.2 // 235/265 Pilot Super Sports // Wavetrac // Evolve remap.
Appreciate 0