View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #33
GoodtoGo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Well, it's a single pass UOA so doesn't tell us anything. How many miles on the car? I ask because it may just suggest a an engine which is simply fully broken in and your wear numbers are not significantly better than BS universal avg. This would suggest that T6 is no better/worse than whatever everyone else was using (Blackstone sample size).

Not sure where you are going with this. Car had about 45K miles when this test was done. I understand the comment about a single pass, but this is a good datapoint indicating levels of engine wear during the period that this particular oil was used. Engines continue to wear somewhat linearly after a more rapid initial break in for the first several thousand miles. N54 engines are fully broken in by the first scheduled factory oil change at 15 to 16K miles. I would say that almost every N54 engine in the BS database is fully broken in, and my result IS better than the Blackstone universal average. Furthermore, my UOA was done at a longer OCI than the average of their database. This would DEFINITELY suggest that T6 is better than what most are using (Blackstone sample size).
Appreciate 2