View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #97
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post
Apparently you have never seen any pictures of these installed... figured this was common knowledge

To answer your question yes the RB RHD Silicone outlets (both styles) make contact with the chassis (by design). They are ideally affixed to the chassis, from behind the steering shaft route, as there is no room for ANYTHING other than to be pressed against the chassis. Although the forming of the silicone accomplishes this with some relative ease, we still actually encourage Zip tying them in place (we include very large Zip Ties) to the chassis rails such that they can not ever make contact with a constantly rotating steering shaft (ie. worse case scenario for any longevity). If this is not your cup of tea then the smashed OEM pipe is probably best suited for you, high flow plumbing is not for everyone.

Rob
To be fair I've seen plenty of pictures, what i wanted to know was whether or not that was the actual intended final product or the usual "customer installed it wrong and we have never had a problem"

Im not interested in entering a debate with you, apparently you have enough of them on your hands and frankly I find it extremely unprofessional.

I guess the product you offer is better than nothing if someone believes the purpose it's supposed to serve. Personally I wouldn't pay the money since they are essentially bits of silicon which by design will certainly fail.

For an oem setup it's not difficult at all to remove and modify the oem pipe. Sure it's fidley however can be accomplished by anyone who can turn a spanner so to speak and at least the end result is an oem like product.

What our market really needs is oem quality no nonsense setups.
Appreciate 2
vtl1494.50
Pete.J321.50