View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 03:59 AM   #1154
russmw
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 318i

Quote:
Here's my issue, the car hesitates to start properly if the engine is warmed up, I've seen it do it on cold starts as well but like once in 100 or more cranks, most of the time it's doing it when the engine is warm. This has been going on for three years now, my bet is on leaky injectors since they are all index 3 known to have issues but I'm also scared of changing all 4 injectors on a perfectly working car just to find out that wasn't the problem. So now, moving on to the next thing, so far I've changed the following.
I had problems with warm starts on mine (2009 318i) where it would turn over for longer than normal before starting and sometimes run lumpy for a few seconds. When cold it would start on the button and had no other running issues. Turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator which is built into one of the pumps under the rear seat (passenger side on UK car). This holds the fuel pressure at shutdown and was basically letting fuel drain back\drop pressure in the fuel lines. £100 for a new one and a few hours to fit after watching a load of youtube clips about the job fixed my issue.

thanks
Appreciate 0