View Single Post
      07-08-2021, 06:56 AM   #647
eurocarfan100
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
The 330i tune for MSV80 is *not* based on MSV70. Also, nothing in cold starts etc. is modified from the stock MSV80 tune.

It's interesting that people are reporting this now, because these have been basically unchanged for several years, with hundreds of people running them (it's been downloaded over 800 times, to give you an idea - and that's just the standard 328i version). I have heard of some hiccups but there's basically no reason that cold starts should be affected at all, and none of those people ever said anything before.
Noticed same thing, some people are running smooth, but some are running rough only in cold start though, otherwise it’s very smooth once warmed.

I’m having a feeling maybe spark plugs need to be replaced as well. Definitely noticeable difference, but not much oomph as people described in their upgrades. Definitely gonna take a look at spark plugs as it’s cheap to replace. Maybe as spark plugs are worn out, may not be as efficient to run based on tune requirements I guess.
Appreciate 0