kempyp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d 2006

How did this sage end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR View Post
Hi Everyone....

I'm a newbie on the site. Bought an E90 330i about 4 weeks ago and yesterday the thing broke down on me

I've done some searching on this forum and it appears to be quite a common fault with the valve on the Hydro Pump for the DSC unit.

The only difference is, from what I've read, other people who have had this problem are still able to drive their cars.

Basically, it was driving in the terrential rain yesterday and suddenly the DSC Failure error came up and the engine cut out. After attempting to restart it, which it wouldn't, more failure messages appeared.

After the DSC failure it came up with DBC failure (Dynamic Brake Control ?), Transmission Failure, Fuel Pump failure and Tyre Pressure Sensor failure.

I thought I'd found the problem originally (Hydro Pump repair kit) but the fact that it wont start whereas other people with the DSC failure can still drive makes me wonder if its something electrical or a sensor. After the first failure error, losts of other warnings coming up?!

No idea. I've got the car in with Munich Motors (read mixed reviews about them) mainly coz they are a stone throw from my house. The car is covered under a AutoTrust warranty if anyone has heard of them!? I'm currently waiting for MM to run diags to confirm exactly what the problem is....

I did wonder if maybe a replacement ECU? I'm clutching at straws..I know.

Any idea's anyone? Any help appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR View Post

Well, after verbally confirming that the work/repairs for a replacement ECU WOULD be covered my warranty company (AutoTrust) have now done a complete u-turn and have now confirmed that because the ECU housing had not drained the water as it should have, its down to water digression that the fault has occured and is therefore not covered. (basically the plug at the bottom should allow the water to drain but it hasnt and apparently that it why it is not covered).

I have since spoken to trading standards who have made the obvious point about the 'Sale of goods act - amended 1979'. I have also called the garage who sold me the car to keep them in on the loop.

Cut a long story short, I'm waiting to hear back from the Garage that sold me the car (they may offer a goodwill gesture) but as the car is on Finance, technically the Finance company own the car. As advised by TSI I have written a letter to the Finance Company (with one of TSI's own templates) that basically says "its your car, your responsibility and is clearly not fit for purpose/intended use as a car".

Updates to come, thick and fast. The saga continues.

ARRGGGGHHHHHH I just want to drive and enjoy my new car, not have to deal with this!!!

Hi

How did this saga end?

I'm having similar problems with my E91 330d 2006 - had the DSC Failure message this morning. My car is in the Garage now for a whole list of problems to be fixed (I only bought it a couple of months ago)

Last edited by kempyp; 09-19-2017 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0