View Single Post
      07-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #203
zigsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92; 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFree50 View Post
I have been driving it around town on a daily basis hoping that any issues from sitting will "flush" themselves out. The battery seems to be holding a charge and starting every time. I don't want to take it too far till I replace the CV axle (part just arrived yesterday) as I don't want it to fail on the road. What is the sprocket image next to the shift indicator or the circle arrow with the triangle in the center of the display? EML?
Just because the car starts every time does not mean the battery is good. I've always had to replace my batteries well before the point that it would no longer start the car. One tell-tale sign with my car, is that my AC will stop working when my battery is going bad. Get the battery load tested. Mine is rated at 95CCA; when it load tests near or below 70CCA, the car starts to have problems. The car will still start and run, but it has issues. Your local auto parts store should load test for free.

The sprocket image indicates a transmission problem. There should be a diagnostic code associated with it if you hook up ISTA or some other BMW specific software to read it. The triangle with a counter clockwise circle is telling you there is a problem with the Stability Control / Traction Control. Again, there is likely a diagnostic code associated with it.

All the lights on your dash could be resulting from a weak battery...maybe.
Appreciate 0