AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92ML View Post
Anyone have updates on this problem? My car has the exact same symptoms and the loss of engine power symbol appears on the dash. All happened after I sent my car into the dealer for the HPFP recall. The car will occasionally idle very rough fluctuating between 500 and 1000 RPM's and then die if it isn't put into gear and given gas immediately. I'm throwing codes 2CF6 and 2CF7 (throttle valve potentiometer with possibility to mass air).

I've heard others having the same problems after getting their car serviced. I'm still trying to fix the problem. I'll be checking the O2 sensors this weekend, hopefully that fixes the problem.
Your issue is not hte same as the OP issue, which doesn't throw any codes. Take your car to the dealer or a BMW tech that can appropriately diagnose your problem.

For the record, my issue is still occurring, with no codes every being thrown. I've also replaced a substnatial part of the PCV system and vac lines which were failing a smoke test, and will be doing another section of it (the last I think), in the coming weeks. At this point, I've tried so many things, I'm not sure what the heck is causing it.
Appreciate 0