11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
I'm actually planning on doing something different first, going to a 12" corner-loaded set-up. So essentially, we both have flip-flopped our plans, LOL. I want to move more into the SQL direction so I have done some research and I have found a possible solution to get a LOT more SPL in the cabin without sacrificing SQ. This involves a 12" sub with super low Qts and super high x-max and "squeezing" it into a new custom corner-loaded enclosure. I would need to increase the output to the sub to roughly 1000-1200W to get there, so I would also get a new mono amp. If my calculations are correct, the output would equal or better that of two 12W6v2 subs on 500w each.

Once I start on the project I'll start a thread. It is more curiosity than anything else to prove that you can have monster SPL and SQ from a single 12 in this car.

OP, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Haha yeah we have swapped our upgrades

You're after something im working towards too, having both SPL and SQ. But i don't think i need monster SPL, which is why im going the IB route. I think it should have enough SPL for me. Will be really interesting to hear how you get on. Good luck!
Appreciate 0